nvitae (NYSE: NVTA) is a leading medical genetics company trusted by millions of patients and their providers to deliver timely genetic information using digital technology. We aim to provide accurate and actionable answers to strengthen medical decision-making for individuals and their families. Invitae’s genetics experts apply a rigorous approach to data and research, serving as the foundation of their mission to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people.
Irvine, CA preferred (REMOTE)
SCHEDULE: Mon – Fri, traditional PST hours
Territory: Irvine, CA / Remote
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people! Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life. This team is responsible for maximizing revenue for the company. This team interacts with health insurers to secure coverage and reimbursement for our patients. The Appeals Specialist is expected to understand all aspects of the insurance appeal process and can identify insurance trends and provide impactful feedback.
What you’ll do:
- Perform trend analysis of payer rejections and denials
- Produce high volume of successful appeals to insurance carriers to obtain payment
- Collaborate with multiple teams and to develop best practices to ensure we are providing the best service
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in preferred industry of laboratory, healthcare, biotech and/o life sciences
- 3+ years of healthcare billing experience (or equivalent)
- Strong understanding of healthcare revenue cycle, ICD-10, account receivable and insurance appeals process
- Exceptional communication, attention to detail and organizational skills
- High energy, flexible, self starter, who a great teammate and is ready to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Problem solver in a dynamic, fast paced, team based and rapidly changing environment
This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. This position is eligible for benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability coverage, flexible paid time off, Spring Health, Carrot Fertility, participation in a 401k with company match, ESPP, and many other additional voluntary benefits. Invitae also offers generous paid leave programs so you can spend time with your new child, recover from your own illness or care for a sick family member.
USA National Pay Range
$21.25 – $26.54 USD
Please apply even if you don’t meet all of the “What you bring” requirements noted. It’s rare that someone checks every single item, it’s ok, we encourage you to apply anyways.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We truly believe a diverse workplace is crucial to our company’s success and to better serve our diverse patients. Your input is especially valuable. We’d greatly appreciate it if you can take a quick moment to make your selection(s) below. Submissions will be anonymous.
You can find a detailed explanation of our privacy practices here.