Position: Clinical Laboratory Scientist II (On Call, Evenings, Nights)
At North Bay Health the Clinical Laboratory Scientist II is a staff level position reporting directly to the Supervisor, Laboratory Director and the Medical Director assigned to perform, interpret, and report accurate and timely laboratory testing in the sections of the laboratory assigned according to standard operating procedures and policies and in accordance with state and federal laboratory law. This position also may supervise technicians and other non-independent practitioners.
Must be able to use critical thinking skills, make independent judgment based on knowledge of laboratory medicine and disease processes.
• Graduation from an approved school of medical technology is required and B.S. is preferred.
• State of California Clinical Laboratory Technologist License.
• ASCP or equivalent desired.
• Meets state and federal requirements for supervising the performance of high complexity laboratory testing as outlined in CLIA 88 and the State Title for Laboratories.
• Three years as a registered technologist in an acute care hospital desired.
• Phlebotomy, basic medical terminology, typing, math and computer skills.
• Able to work independently.
• Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skill in providing appropriate care for patients in the following age groups:
Geriatric, Adult, Young Adult, Pediatric and Neonatal.
• The North Bay Way is a set of value-based behaviors that are to be consistently demonstrated and role modeled by all employees that work at North Bay Healthcare. The North Bay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration, and Competence
Hourly salary range MIN $56.91 – MAX $69.21 (offered hourly rate is based on years of experience)
Plus, generous shift differentials
• Evening shifts: $5.58 hour
• NOC shifts: $11.20
• Weekend shifts : $1.40
• On call staff are eligible for a 10% differential