As a physician-founded and led organization, ensuring everyone has access to quality healthcare is what inspires us. That’s why we hire people who genuinely care about patients, solving healthcare challenges, and making a positive impact every day. Join us and help change the future of healthcare for the better.
• 120+ locations and growing, along with vast virtual coverage
• 1 million+ patients to-date
• 2,000+ caring clinicians and support staff serving their communities
• Backed by investors such as CVS Health Ventures and Blackstone Horizon
We’re looking for a Research Coordinator to provide research support for one or more clinical studies run by Carbon Health’s clinical research program, Carbon for Research. If you are passionate about clinical research and want to be part of building our clinical research division and part of a rapidly growing company, then this is the role for you.
In this role, you’ll partake in clinical research studies from initiation to completion. You will coordinate day to day operations of projects.
You’ll work closely with Principal Investigators, co-investigators, our clinical research manager, clinical research associates, clinics, and its staff for each study that you are supporting, along with the Launchpad (HQ) team. There will be peak periods during the year with high workloads due to overlapping deadlines and time-sensitive priorities.
This role requires up to 50% travel (mostly local to Bay Area-based clinics); it may include other travel occasionally, within California or out of state.
What You’ll Do:
- Collect, complete, and maintain essential clinical trial documents including, but not limited to study member CVs, clinical licenses, financial disclosures, FDA-required documents, protocol training, and responsibility logs.
- Organize, file, and maintain study documents, including IRB-approved documents, case report forms, questionnaires, databases, and promotional materials on e-regulatory or internal platforms in a manner that is compliant with regulations and GCP.
- Conduct patient screening and visits on-site or guide clinic staff remotely, and organize and schedule an initial and ongoing patient follow-up, including arranging lab work and appointments as needed per protocol.
- Prepare administrative forms, documents, and case report forms as requested and perform data entry in electronic data capture systems and answer administrative queries that arise in a timely manner.
- Maintain inventory of study-specific equipment, supplies, and specimens.
- Schedule meetings (internal and external), prepare agendas, and record meeting minutes during research discussions.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality of sensitive records and information.
- Undergraduate degree required (health-related field is a plus)
- Minimum of 1-year related experience with clinical research
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Knowledge of research ethics and regulations
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills are required