Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
CLINICAL SPECIALIST – THERAPEUTIC NUTRITION – SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
WORKING AT ABBOTT
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit – an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
The CLINICAL SPECIALIST position works remotely, the territory includes SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND PHOENIX, AZ in the Nutrition Division.
The primary function of the Clinical Specialist position is to drive sales of high margin products through changing clinical practice of Health Care Professional customers in key and strategic accounts. The Clinical Specialist is a member of the Therapeutic Nutrition Sales Team reporting to the Sr. Manager, Strategic IDNs East. The Clinical Specialist will primarily maintain targeted customer call points and will support TN initiatives and share the team’s responsibilities to deliver upon designated sales goals and objectives. The Clinical Specialist is responsible for moving decision-making customers to action to include early nutrition intervention in initiatives that will change system clinical practice. The Clinical Specialist will interface with key healthcare customers to drive strategies and programs and will provide technical and scientific support for Abbott Nutrition concepts.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
Day to day activities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct clinically- and evidence- based business meetings or presentations with targeted customer call points with the intent of driving change in practice and the way nutrition intervention is incorporated into patient care.
- Initiate contact with, and maintain relationships with the C-Suite and hospital owned physician groups in targeted accounts.
- Build and leverage relationships with key decision makers within targeted accounts to maintain, grow and gain business.
- Coordinate and lead communication/collaboration among FSF in targeted accounts.
- Maintain membership(s) in professional organizations and participate in key conferences or meetings for networking, leveraging relationships and expanded educational opportunities.
- Effectively engage with customers, key opinion leaders and sales force to drive educational messaging on major adult nutrition brand initiatives across the portfolio.
- Utilize promotional and non-promotional materials and clinical studies to effectively communicate the clinical and scientific benefits of Abbott Nutrition products to targeted healthcare professionals.
- Deliver nutrition science related information and lectures to customers and external key opinion leaders to support business strategy.
- Stay current on standards of care and nutrition practice as it relates to Abbott Nutrition strategy and maintain up-to-date knowledge of current scientific literature and healthcare reform to drive existing business as well as innovation across Abbott Nutrition platforms.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitive products, sales messages, key competitive features and benefits and how this relates to AN line of products.
- MS/BS with minimum 5 years of relevant productive and progressive experience.
- Must possess a minimum of a BS/BA (MS or PhD preferred) degree and have clinical experience as Registered Dietitian and /or Registered Nurse in the Acute Care Hospital setting.
- Ability to interface with highly clinical customers and must possess excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong and persuasive presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and collaboratively in a team environment on multiple tasks is required.
- Ability to work constructively and decisively with external and internal customers and key opinion leaders.
- Strong understanding of the healthcare environment.
Candidate must live near major airport and must reside in the Southern California area.
- Sales experience preferred.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR HEALTH AND WELLNESS BENEFITS, WHICH PROVIDE THE SECURITY TO HELP YOU AND YOUR FAMILY LIVE FULL LIVES: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The salary for this role is between $90,700 – $181,300