At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:Intuitive Surgical is widely considered the most exciting medical device company in the world today. Surgeons worldwide are changing the way surgery is performed by utilizing our robotic surgical device, the da Vinci® Surgical System, to enhance their surgical precision and greatly improve patient benefits. We have attracted some of the best and brightest on our team and now we are seeking entry level sales candidates to join our organization.The Clinical Territory Associate (CTA) will work closely with the Clinical Sales Manager to gain knowledge in all aspects of our business to include technical, clinical, and sales. He or She will train to be a da Vinci® Surgery technical and sales expert across all primary surgical specialties to develop surgical robotics programs in the assigned territory. During the first year of the job, the CTA will focus on the technical and clinical aspect of the job, and during the second year of the job, the CTA will progress and begin to focus on the sales aspect of the job. The CTA will have the opportunity to support a specific region by maximizing the utilization of installed da Vinci®Surgical Systems by leading product demonstrations/in-services and sales activities. This position is a developmental role and the time commitment includes some weekend work to accommodate surgeon schedules.
- Case Support -Be a resource to the surgical team by providing guidance, insight, and training on the use of the da Vinci® Surgical System
- Product Demonstrations/In-Services- Lead all technical in-services for customers to include OR staff, surgeons, etc.
- Selling Activities- Contribute to Clinical Sales Manager team quarterly sales goals by helping influence behavior change in customers such as product demonstrations/in-services, OR selling activities, and customer support trainings
- Customer Support- Support and or coordinate, under the direction of the local sales management team, regional sales and marketing development events that create system awareness and procedure adoption through product demonstrations/in-services and selling activities
- Administrative Duties- Responsibly manage administrative tasks: reporting of sales/procedures, outcomes of sales activities, submission of expense reports, and assigned ISU on-line modules using company required software systems
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Sales degree a plus
- Minimum 1-year leadership experience or 1 year sales experience
- Proven record of achievement and leadership
- Ambition and strong work ethic
- Ability to excel in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and persuasive communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to travel up to 10%, and work nights and weekends as needed
Compensation And Benefit Information
The We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay + commission, benefits and equity. The target pay rate for this position is $110, 000.Additional InformationDue to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay + commission, benefits, and equity. The on target earnings for this position are listed.Shift: DayTravel: 25% of the time