Performs basic clerical duties using word processing, spreadsheet and database software; uses specialty department software and performs department specific tasks; interacts effectively with members; solves problems regarding files.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently provide clerical and/or accounting support.
- Analyze data and information to ensure accuracy and completeness. Identify errors in data, make corrections and solve problems.
- Enter data in databases, ensuring it is accurate and in the correct format. Run established reports.
- Work with Excel spreadsheets or reports, performing basic spreadsheet functions.
- Format Word documents following standard business protocols.
- Format PowerPoint slides so that the message presented is enhanced and communicated clearly.
- Work with department specific computer systems and perform department specific tasks.
- Maintain department supplies as needed (count, sort, restock, order).
- Provide assistance with event planning.
- Organize and prioritize duties to meet work demands.
- Greet members and answer general questions.
- Perform responsible cash handling when applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED and six months experience in related field.
- Typing 35 wpm
- Knowledge of basic English
- Accuracy with grammar & spelling
- Knowledge of basic math
- Basic Microsoft Office skills; must pass basic PC skills test.
- Working knowledge of health plan coverage types
- Ability to read and follow instructions, and write short correspondence.
- Demonstrate professional conduct, dealing courteously, tactfully, and patiently with members, physicians, co-workers, and visitors.
- Professional phone etiquette.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, manage time and prioritize workflow in a complex environment
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems regarding files
- Ability to apply knowledge of department policies and procedures, and utilize a general understanding of other departments’ functions.
- Must pass medical terminology test when applicable.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
PrimaryLocation : California,South San Francisco,S. San Francisco Hospital
HoursPerWeek : 1
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
WorkingHoursStart : 07:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 03:30 PM
Job Schedule : Call-in/On-Call
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : A01|SEIU|United Healthworkers
Job Level : Entry Level
Job Category : Administrative & Support Services
Department : So San Francisco Hospital – Emergency – 0206
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.