At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
As a member of the Regional People Services team, the People Services ERC Specialist will play a key role in supporting the company’s employee relations strategies, policies, and practices. They ensure that all compliance-related legal requirements in the region are addressed in HR lifecycle templates and processes and throughout the design and implementation of HR Policies in a region and cooperate with other functions to mitigate compliance risks. They will provide world class customer service for HR second level tier support. The People Services ERC Specialist will work collaboratively by building strong relationships that foster trust and accountability across the organization in support of the company mission, vision, and core values. This will be achieved through demonstrated knowledge and experience in providing employees and managers with proper guidance and counsel related to fair and consistent employment practices.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide support and guidance for HR inquiries involving straight forward employee-related matters.
• Perform initial intake process and document to determine appropriate level of employee relation support needed.
• Advise on direct communication and positive rapport between people leaders and employees, clarifying policies and effectively use internal procedures.
• Work closely with people leaders to identify the root cause of issue, review documentation, and continue to monitor progress
• Ensures documentation for employee relations matters are consistent, detailed, fair, and accurately aligned with Intuitive’s principles and practices
• Work closely with People Solutions ER team and the Legal Department on inquiries/cases and reassign as needed
• Coordinate grievances process for employees
• Support People Services ER team initiatives (e.g. Sexual Harassment Training, Anti-Retaliation Training, etc.) as needed
• Support offboarding documentation process
• Works with other HR functions to identify issues, streamline processes and build synergies through locations and functions to improve employee experience and efficiency.
• Update People Services Knowledge Base and deliver training when required
• Ensure thorough legal monitoring to proactively inform local leadership, Global HR Compliance leader, CoEs and People Services teams of a need for a new process, program, project or policy. Provide guidance and develop toolkit for implementation including training material and related templates.
• Perform HR Compliance reviews to identify risks to the company and instances of non-compliance with country laws and regulations under regional HRLT direction and related priorities
• In accordance with prioritization map defined by global and local HR Governance, lead local HR compliance related projects and initiatives driven by HR compliance requirements. In close partnership with global HR compliance, EMEA HRLT, CoEs and People Services team, design solutions that follow country regulations and legal requirements yet take into account business needs and process automation goals; provide guidance and support throughout implementation.
• Support global HR projects implementation from an HR Compliance perspective (including employment law and data privacy requirements in partnership with local PDP representative).
• Provide guidance on HR Compliance requirements to external teams (EHS, payroll…) on employee-related matters not owned by HR.
• Create or revise policies and use good judgement in trying to harmonize and streamline processes whilst respecting country specifics.
• Provide HRLT and People Services team with implementation toolkit (templates, FAQs…) to ensure smooth implementation of new processes or policies; in partnership with HR business leaders, develop and deliver training for employees and people leaders on new policies.
• Build and maintain the HR Compliance knowledge base focusing on clarity and standardization to enhance service efficiency and quality.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent HR or legal certification with +5 years of experience in HR employee life cycle, HR compliance and service delivery, in a multicultural environment
• Strong knowledge of local labor laws and employee relations
• Experience in process documentation and management
• Experience in Shared Services and improvement in HR service delivery
• Experience working in a fast-paced technology company where and comfortable in a complex changing work environment
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, initiate and identify solution whilst prioritizing work and meeting deadlines
• Excellent customer service and service quality improvement skills
• Strong analytical skills, self-motivated and goal oriented individual, passionate about improving business performance
• Collaborative, team player attitude with a customer service mentality
• Excellent communication including verbal, written and interpersonal as well as organization skills
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English and local language(s)
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $100,000 – $144,000
Base Salary Range Region 2: $85,000 – $122,400