Thanks for your interest in Success Academy! Running the largest, fastest-growing, and highest-performing network of public charter schools in New York City takes a village – families, children, teachers, staff and faculty, advocates and supporters alike. We would love to welcome you to our community! We work tirelessly every day to ensure each child in NYC has access to a fun, rigorous… whole-child education regardless of zip code or economic status. When you join SA, you play a part in giving every student who walks through the doors of one of our 53 schools in NYC a fair shot at reaching his or her potential.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to play a critical role in supporting the daily priorities of our organization. Reporting directly to the founder and CEO, the Executive Assistant is the first point of contact in the Office of the CEO. S/he serves as a primary resource for interactions with executive vice presidents, senior level staff, leaders, parents, and donors.
Do you work well under pressure on competing responsibilities with resilience, discretion, diplomacy and accuracy? This role is for you.
As the Executive Assistant, you will be responsible for:
• Providing excellent administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer to enable her to achieve her goals. This would involve maintaining an emerging synthesis of her projects, being able to proactively anticipate needs, and always managing a holistic view of priorities and deliverables.
• Representing the CEO in key communications with internal and external constituents, and building crucial relationships at all levels of the organization and beyond.
• Organizing and setting priorities among a variety of complex tasks, including a high volume of regularly occurring work and a constantly changing array of special projects and calendar demands.
To achieve these responsibilities, you will:
• Schedule a complex and dynamic calendar, supervising the response to requests for the CEO’s time which can be complicated, time sensitive, highly confidential and can necessitate an appropriate setting of expectations.
• Act as liaison between the Office of the CEO and all departments/staff within the organization, as well as key external constituents (including, but not limited to: board members, high level donors, and government officials).
• Field telephone calls and visit requests; decide daily which inquiries can be handled directly, which to refer elsewhere, and which should be addressed by the CEO.
• Identify, prepare and compile necessary materials to ensure that the CEO has appropriate information for meetings, reports, presentations, events and projects.
• Organize, manage, and provide administrative support for special projects and events; undertake research projects; and collect and analyze data as background for meetings and special projects.
• Manage administrative procedures, workflow, and communications for the Office of the CEO, including monitoring and approving expenses for the department accounts.
We would be excited to hear from you if:
• You think at the goal level (versus task) and demonstrate good logic; you anchor your work in the high level goals and priorities of the CEO and the organization.
• You exhibit excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, and the ability to handle multiple urgent priorities with high attention to detail in a dynamic environment.
• You build strong relationships with diverse audiences, and can effectively manage communications with constituents at all levels of an organization.
• You possess a high degree of discernment, tact, and integrity as well as a profound respect for the confidentiality of the documents and communications involving the office.
• You are comfortable in an environment where flexibility, resourcefulness, and adaptability to changing needs and demands are required, as well as the need to work longer hours as circumstances require.
• You demonstrate initiative and can plan ahead to anticipate the CEO’s needs; you are comfortable working independently and can do so with accuracy.
• You have a Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience supporting a high level executive in a fast-paced environment.
• You are highly proficient with computer equipment including MAC, iPhone and iPad, and Google Suite applications.
Annual Salary: $58,500.00 – $65,000.00
Exact compensation may vary based on skills and experience.
Already an employee of Success Academies? Please go to your Okta Dashboard> Workday> Applications> Career to apply via our Internal Careers page.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/.
Success Academy Charter Schools does not offer employment-based immigration sponsorship