About Sequoia Hospital – Hello Humankindness
Dignity Health’s Sequoia Hospital is an accredited not-for-profit community hospital providing innovative and exceptional health care for generations of Bay Area residents. Sequoia’s Heart and Vascular Institute is a nationally known pioneer in advanced cardiac care affiliated with the Cleveland Clinic Heart and Vascular Institute. Sequoia has received national recognition from Healthgrades for superior patient safety and was named as one of America’s top 100 hospitals for cardiac care. Our Total Joint Replacement program is a designated Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement. Our Birth Center is consistently ranked as a favorite among Peninsula families. We are also known for our comprehensive emergency care and leading-edge tomosynthesis 3-D mammogram technology. Our Pavilion combines the most advanced medical and surgical services with a unique healing environment including private spacious rooms and inviting garden areas.
This position is responsible for performing a variety of specialized clerical duties both manually and by computer under the direction of the Supervisor of Health Information Mgmt.
- This position requires a minimum of one year experience in the Health Information Management field within the last five years or completion of first practicum in an approved Health Information Technician program within the last five years.
- Completion of annual safety training.
- Completes and maintains required unit specific training.
- Evidence of satisfactory completion of a course in medical terminology is required.
- Ability to pass the typing test at 40 words per minute after adjusted scoring.
- Pass an alphabetical filing test with 93% (14/15) accuracy.
- Pass a numerical filing test with 93% (14/15) accuracy.
$29.50 – $34.77 /hour