Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the Physician and/or Designee.
- Interview patients and measure vital signs and other pertinent information as required by department.
- Records information in patients’ medical record.
- Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination.
- Inventories, orders and replenishes medical supplies and materials.
- Schedules appointments, performs clinical tasks and completes appropriate forms as required by department.
- Records lab values and other treatment documentation as required by the department.
- May be responsible for cleaning, processing, sterilizing and checking instruments.
- Performs computer data entry functions.
- Performs clinical/technical skills specific to the department.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Practices customer service standards as defined by the Medical Center and specified department.Anticipates the customer’s needs, takes proactive steps to meet those needs, by listening and taking responsibility within scope to ensure issues are resolved.
- Promptly responds to alarms and patient requests.
- Facilitates the customer’s ability to utilize resources.
- Assures a clean, orderly, and .functional work environment.
- Is an effective team member who is flexible, cooperative, and willing to assist others.
- Manages difficult or conflict situations constructively and seeks appropriate assistance.
- Takes accountability for own actions.
- Acts as a resource and mentor to new employees, students, and other team members.
- Actively participates in departmental professional development activities.
- Adheres to Attendance Policy.
- Supports a collaborative labor-management partnership environment.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Six (6) months or successful completion of Kaiser externship.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Completion of a course of study consistent with the requirements for Medical Assistants as specified by the Medical Board of California.
- BLS required.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend medical information.
- Must pass medical terminology test.
- Ability to effectively present information, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to use personal computer.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
PrimaryLocation : California,San Francisco,San Francisco 2238 Geary Medical Offices
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 09:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:30 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : A01|SEIU|United Healthworkers
Job Level : Entry Level
Job Category : Clinical Support
Department : San Francisco Hospital – Ultrasound – 0206
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.