The Home Health Nursing, LPN/LVN enables patients to stay in their homes by providing health and personal services; supporting patients and their families. The Home Health Nursing, LPN/LVN work assignments are often straightforward and of moderate complexity
The Home Health Nursing, LPN/LVN assesses and records patient condition by monitoring vital signs. Administers treatments by dispensing medications; changing bandages; administering oxygen supply and equipment. Helps patients care for themselves and helps family members care for the patient by introducing and teaching assisted living techniques such as using a cane or walker, using special utensils to eat, using special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene needs, and appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient. Understands own work area professional concepts/standards, regulations, strategies and operating standards. Makes decisions regarding own work approach/priorities, and follows direction. Work is managed and often guided by precedent and/or documented procedures/regulations/professional standards with some interpretation.
As a Home Health LPN, you will:
• Provide professional nursing services under the direction of a RN in compliance with the state’s Nurse Practice Act, any applicable licensure/certification requirement, applicable healthcare standards, governmental laws and regulations, and Gentiva Health Services policies and procedures.
• Provide skilled nursing interventions in the treatment of the patient/clients illness, rehabilitative needs and preventative care. Utilize a holistic approach in the provision of problem specific therapeutic interventions, teaching and training activities in accordance with the plan of care.
• Apply knowledge and skills in accordance with accepted standards of clinical practice to facilitate problem resolution and achieve individualized patient goals and outcomes.
• Confer with the RN Supervisor regarding needed changes in the Plan of Treatment. Accept verbal orders from physician were permitted by state law/regulations/Nurse Practice Act and communicate these orders to the RN Supervisor.
• Utilize a systematic, individualized goal/outcome driven approach in implementing the nursing plan of care.
• Maintain contact with patients, physicians, clinical manager(s), other members of the healthcare team in a timely manner regarding patient/family needs and status changes. Participate in care coordination activities and discharge planning as appropriate.
• Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature. Share information only when the recipient’s right to access is clearly established and the sharing of such information is dearly in the best interests of the patient.
• Appropriately communicate to ensure adherence to professional standards in the provision of and availability of supplies, materials and equipment needed to safely and effectively implement the plan of care.
• Prepare, submit and maintain documentation as required by the Company and/or facility. Visit/shift notes documented on day services are rendered.
• Graduate of an accredited Licensed Practical Nursing Program or accredited School of Vocational Nursing.
• Current nursing license in the practicing state.
• Valid drivers license, auto insurance and reliable transportation.
• Current CPR certification.
• Two years experience as an LPN/LVN in a clinical setting, preferably in a home health or hospice setting.
• This role requires full COVID-19 vaccination
Together, we can raise the bar on home healthcare
CenterWell™ Home Health (formerly Kindred at Home), is one of the nation’s leading providers of home care, with an incredible team of compassionate clinicians who deliver high-quality, specialty care to patients. Many of our clinicians live in the same neighborhoods they serve – providing the much-needed care to people in their community.
As a company, we strive to lead by example and show employees the same compassion and care we expect them to show patients. We provide employees the resources, stability, and job flexibility they truly deserve. We help them fulfill their personal and professional goals while enjoying industry-leading benefits, competitive salaries, opportunities for career and professional growth, and a healthy work/life balance.
Part of Humana’s Home Solution business
CenterWell Home Health cares for nearly 80,000 patients every day in over 350 locations, across 38 states. As part of Humana Inc., we create experiences that put patients at the center, working in collaboration with healthcare providers to bring multidisciplinary care directly to the comfort and safety of home. The result is easy, comprehensive and personalized care that helps patients lead healthier, happier lives.
Caring for people who care for our patients
Experience has shown us that supporting and nurturing employees helps them become the best version of themselves and more compassionate, committed home health professionals. That’s why CenterWell Home Health never stops working to improve the employee experience. Our people are our greatest resource, and we are committed to creating an environment they enjoy stepping into every day.
World-class employee benefits
• Competitive pay and benefits package
• 50% matching 401(k) contributions up to 6%
• Career advancement opportunities
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Advanced Continuing Education (CE) accredited training
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40