Provides nursing care, under the direct supervision of a registered nurse (RN) or physician, in accordance with the legal scope of practice and within established standards of care, policies, and procedures. Integrates education, technical competence and patient interaction skills to gain confidence and cooperation from the patient, their family/support group, and other healthcare providers. Exercises sound judgment, and developed clinical skills to implement the patient’s plan of care based on the diagnosis in a timely manner. Supports the functionality of the department by distributing supplies and performing equipment maintenance, testing, and setup as needed. Adheres to all local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies and procedures to ensure privacy and safety to help deliver optimal patient care.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Vocational Nursing.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE:
- LVN-Licensed Vocational Nurse
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
- 1 year recent relevant experience
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic nursing skills, various medical procedures, views, and equipment.
- Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Basic understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadline.
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options.
- Build collaborate relationships with peers and other healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
Pay Range: $37.08 – $46.35 / hour
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Days of the Week:
Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Number of Openings:
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment. Applicants for specific positions are still required to disclose certain convictions during the application process, and those convictions may also be considered in determining eligibility for employment in accordance with applicable law.