In this field position, you will; build community relationships, drive self-generated sales, and meet sales goals and metrics while working independently. You will be interacting with Humana’s customers, external business partners and the community we serve through face-to-face, virtual, and telephonic interactions. Face to face will encompass grass roots marketing and field sales community events, as well as, visiting prospects in their homes. Our Medicare Sales Field Agents sell individual health plan products and educate beneficiaries on our services in a field setting. Some of our additional products include Life, Annuity, Indemnity, Dental, Vision, Prescription, and more.
Humana has an inclusive and diverse culture welcoming candidates with multilingual skill sets to service our consumers.
Full time associates enjoy
- Base salary with a competitive commission structure plus a monthly guarantee
- Medical, Dental, Vision and a variety of other supplemental insurances
- Paid time off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a competitive match
- Tuition reimbursement and/or scholarships for qualifying dependent children
- And much more!
- Ability to have face to face interactions with prospective members either in their homes or in the field is required for this position.
- Active Health Insurance license or ability to obtain prior to the start date
- Experience with technology to include high level use of laptops and mobile phone applications with an understanding of CRM tools or other sales/marketing resources
- Experience with Microsoft Office products such as Excel and Outlook
- This role is part of Humana’s Driver safety program and requires an individual to have a clear and valid state driver’s license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100/300/100 limits. We will also run a Motor Vehicle Report for this position.
- Although this is a field position, there will be times when you will be working from home so you must have the ability to provide high-speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Also, associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense.
- Internet requirements include a minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25×10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload).
- Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
- Working conditions will require a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
- Must reside within the assigned territory or have plans to relocate at your own expense
- Active Life and Variable Annuity Insurance license
- Associate’s or Bachelors’ degree
- Prior experience in TEAMS and PowerPoint
- Experience engaging with the community through service, organizations, activities, and volunteerism
- Experience selling Medicare products
- Bilingual with the ability to speak, read and write in both English and an additional language without limitations or assistance
- Prior experience in public speaking and presentations
- Upon offer acceptance you must be able to complete and pass the AHIP certification (paid for by Humana) prior to your start date to sell our products
- Any Humana associate who speaks with a member in a language other than English must take a language proficiency assessment, provided by an outside vendor, to ensure competency. Applicants will be required to take the Interagency Language Rating (ILR) test as provided by the Federal Government.
- Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide their social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions on how to add the information into your official application on Humana’s secure website.
Schedule: Meeting with members requires appointments and/or event times that may vary on nights and weekends. Flexibility is essential to your success.
Training: will be the first three weeks of employment and attendance is mandatory.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected to move forward in the process, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire prescreen. In this prescreen, you will receive a set of questions over the phone and be given the opportunity to record your audio responses to each question. You should anticipate this prescreen taking about 15 minutes. Your responses will be reviewed and if selected to move forward, you will be contacted with additional details involving the next step in the process.
Scheduled Weekly Hours