The Mental Health Counselor provides patient care consistent with JMH and JMBHC philosophy, mission, and policies and procedures. Mental Health Counselors may conduct patient group sessions and patient education reflective of the patient’s treatment plan and individualizes care. The Mental Health Counselor plays a critical role in milieu management that focus on the health and safety of patients and provides a climate of cohesiveness, cooperation and teamwork within the Nursing Department and the Behavioral Health Center.
As a member of the nursing staff, the Mental Health Counselor provides patient and family centered care that is resiliency and recovery oriented with a primary focus on the health and safety of patients.
* Bachelor’s Degree – Behavioral Science or Psychology – Required or
* Bachelor’s Degree with or High School Diploma
* Bachelors degree in Behavioral Science or Psychology AND 1-year mental health experience in acute care, crisis or mental health residential setting, or
* Bachelor’s degree in any field AND 2-years mental health experience in acute care, crisis or mental health residential setting, or
* High school diploma AND 4-years mental health experience in acute care, crisis or mental health residential setting
* BLS Basic Life Support – American Heart Association – Required
* Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) Training – John Muir Health – Required within 30 days of assuming position with renewal every 12 months
* Ability to apply critical thinking skills, ability to multi-task and manage time and work assignments independently.
* Possess the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
* Demonstrated ability to lead & facilitate diverse groups of people with understanding of group psychodynamics, being able to maintain control over the overall needs of the group; aware of each individual’s needs simultaneously.
* Ability to work respectfully and creatively with clients of diverse functional abilities, social, economic, and cultural backgrounds to support both client autonomy and client safety.
* Sensitivity to diverse religious and cultural practices and values.
* Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with staff at all levels across the organization.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills across organizational levels.
* Must be teamwork oriented and skilled at building constructive and effective relationships.
08.0 – 15:00 – 23:30 (United States of America)
$27.60 – $37.28
Offer amounts are based on demonstrated/relevant experience and/or licensure.
Positions at JMH which are exempt (not eligible for overtime) under the level of Manager are listed as hourly for compensation purposes on this posting. The work shift will contain the word ‘exempt’ on it.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: