The Nurse Case Mgr Sr is responsible for care management within the scope of licensure for members with complex and chronic care needs by assessing, developing, implementing, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating care plans designed to optimize member health care across the care continuum. Performs duties telephonically or on-site such as at hospitals for discharge planning. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Ensures member access to services appropriate to their health needs.
* Conducts assessments to identify individual needs and a specific care management plan to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment.
* Implements care plan by facilitating authorizations/referrals as appropriate within benefits structure or through extra-contractual arrangements.
* Coordinates internal and external resources to meet identified needs.
* Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of the care management plan and modifies as necessary.
* Interfaces with Medical Directors and Physician Advisors on the development of care management treatment plans.
* Negotiates rates of reimbursement, as applicable.
* Assists in problem solving with providers, claims or service issues.
* Assists with development of utilization/care management policies and procedures, chairs and schedules meetings, as well as presents cases for discussion at Grand Rounds/Care Conferences and participates in interdepartmental and/or cross brand work groups.
* May require the development of a focused skill set including comprehensive knowledge of specific disease process or traumatic injury and functions as preceptor for new care management staff.
* Participates in department audit activities.
* BA/BS in a health related field and minimum of 5 years of clinical experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
* Current, unrestricted RN license in applicable state(s) required.
* Multi-state licensure is required if this individual is providing services in multiple states.
* Certification as a Case Manager is preferred.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary
* range for this specific position is $87,400.00 to $109,250.00
Jersey City, NJ;
New York City, NY;
Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws .
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations.
No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus…