John Muir Health Cancer Medical Group is seeking a well-trained Nurse Practitioner committed to excellent patient care to join our Bay Area team in highly desirable Concord, CA. You will be joining an organization with a long-standing presence and strong reputation in the community, state and nation. John Muir Health’s Walnut Creek and Concord Medical Centers have again been ranked very highly by U.S. News & World Report in its 2021/2022 list of America’s Best Hospitals. Walnut Creek and Concord were also designated as Best Regional Hospitals, ranked #2 and #3 in the SF Metro Area.
John Muir Health is located in the East Bay region of San Francisco that offers a full range of medical services and is a regional destination for specialty care. We have a network of more than 1,000 primary care physicians, more than 6,000 employees, medical centers in Concord and Walnut Creek as well as an outpatient presence in Berkeley and Oakland. John Muir has partnerships with UCSF Health, Tenet healthcare and Stanford Children’s Health.
Highlights of this full-time position include:
· Competitive income guarantee with high earning potential, comprehensive benefits, vacation as well as malpractice insurance
· State of the art Cancer Center with chemotherapy and immunotherapy infusion, diagnostic imaging, and radiation services
· Well-respected colleagues in a dynamic and growing health system
· Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing Program – Required
· RN Registered Nursing – CA Board of Nursing – Required and
· NP Registered Nurse Practitioner – CA Board of Registered Nursing – Required and
· NP-F Registered Nurse Practitioner Furnishing – CA Board of Registered Nursing – Required and
· Family Nurse Practitioner – ANCC American Nurses Credentialing Center – Required or
· NP Nurse Practitioner – AANP American Association of Nurse Practitioners – Required
· CA DEA – Required
· BLS Basic Life Support – American Heart Association – Required
· 1 year of recent oncology experience with demonstrated clinical experience as a RN or NP in oncology care, including chemotherapy plans, patient education and care coordination – Required
· Outpatient Solid Tumor oncology experience
· Experience working with Clinical Trial Protocols
· EPIC and Beacon experience
Our Ideal Candidate:
· Demonstrates ability to manage patient’s health and illness.
· Demonstrates ability to plan, organize, manage time, and prioritize work in collaboration with others.
· Is self-directed, and motivated.
· Demonstrates ability to work independently and as a part of a multidisciplinary team.
· Ability to establish therapeutic relationships with patients and families.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills and effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
· Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client/family information system, word processing and email.
As part of a rapidly expanding Cancer program, you will be an integral part of a multidisciplinary team that works together to ensure each patient receives individualized, high quality and coordinated care. If you are looking for an exciting and gratifying opportunity and a chance to contribute your expertise to a premiere Cancer program in a highly desirable community setting linked to major academic centers, while enjoying tremendous quality of life, consider joining our practice.
The East Bay is a dynamic yet family-oriented community with ideal weather, abundant outdoor spaces and great schools. It is adjacent to Berkeley, home of the University of California with an impressive variety of cultural and sports events along with world renowned restaurants and music venues, and Oakland which boasts a new and thriving tech sector, night life and entertainment destinations and all major league sports teams. Concord is 30 miles from downtown San Francisco which is easily accessible by car or BART train line. On the East side of the metro area, it is also a quick drive to Napa Wine country and the extensive mountain and wilderness areas of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Lake Tahoe and Yosemite Valley.
EEO – Equal Employment Opportunity
*Unable to sponsor applicants for work visas*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $83.52 – $125.29 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Oncology: 1 year (Required)
- Certified Nurse Practitioner (Required)
Work Location: In person