Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time. As we continue to grow, we are on the search for excellent Health Coaches who are aligned with our mission of improving member lives!
As an Omada Health Coach, you will guide members through Omada’s online disease prevention and disease management programs. You will be fully supported by our online platform, which includes a detailed curriculum and technology to help track members’ progress. You will leverage these tools to strategically coach members through our program, using data science to inform outreach methods during moments that matter. Your primary responsibilities will include communicating one-on-one with members through our platform, facilitating conversation in online discussion forums, and collaborating with other members of our care team in order to ensure you are providing comprehensive care. Additionally, you will partner with other members of the Health Coaching and Operations teams to discover and drive digital health coaching best practices.
This is an hourly position, and you will be scheduled to work between 35-45 hours per week (Monday-Friday). Hours are scheduled based upon member enrollment demand. While you will have some flexibility in setting your schedule, we expect most of your work to be completed during business hours in your timezone.
- You’re a compassionate and empathetic “people person” with a dedication to providing members with unconditional positive regard
- You embrace a growth mindset for yourself and others
- You maintain a strong commitment to member privacy
- You have a passion for providing personalized care that recognizes and honors the whole person, including cultural background, physical and social environments, race, ethnicity, and sexual orientation
- You’re excited to be at the intersection of healthcare and technology
- You’re comfortable with technology and web-based software tools
- You’re a strong and efficient written communicator
- You enjoy adapting to a regularly changing environment
- You’re committed to Omada’s mission and the lifestyle changes we inspire
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, preferably in a health-related concentration
- You’ll provide ongoing support to members who are living with, or are clinically at risk for developing, a chronic condition such as type 2 diabetes or hypertension
- You’ll collaborate with members to help address barriers, set goals, and make progress toward their health goals
Bonus Points for:
- Successful experience as a virtual health coach, community health worker, or health educator
- An active health coaching certification (e.g., NBHWC, Wellcoaches, Duke Integrative)
- An active Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) Lifestyle Coach certification
- A personal connection to behavior change, chronic disease, or a health journey
- You’re bilingual/bicultural
- Competitive compensation with generous annual cash bonus
- Remote first work from home culture
- Generous PTO policy to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Work from Home stipend
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- …and more!
It takes a village to change health care. As we build together toward our mission, we strive to embody the following values in our day-to-day work. We hope these hold meaning for you as well as you consider Omada!
- Start with Trust. We listen closely and we operate with kindness. We provide respectful and candid feedback to each other.
- Seek Context. We ask to understand and we build connections. We do our research up front to move faster down the road.
- Act Boldly. We innovate daily to solve problems, improve processes, and find new opportunities for our members and customers.
- Deliver Results. We reward impact above output. We set a high bar, we’re not afraid to fail, and we take pride in our work.
- Succeed Together. We prioritize Omada’s progress above team or individual. We have fun as we get stuff done, and we celebrate together.
- Remember Why We’re Here. We push through the challenges of changing health care because we know the destination is worth it.
About Omada Health: Omada is a virtual-first chronic care provider that nurtures lifelong health, one day at a time. Our care teams implement clinically-validated behavior change protocols for individuals with prediabetes, diabetes, hypertension, and musculoskeletal issues for consistent improvements that stack up.
With more than a decade of experience and data, and 24 peer-reviewed publications that showcase our clinical and economic results, we improve health outcomes and help contain healthcare costs.
Our scope exceeds 1,800 customers, including health plans, health systems, and employers ranging in size from small businesses to Fortune 500s.
Omada is the first virtual provider to join the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Leadership Alliance, reflecting our aim to complement primary care providers for the benefit of our members, and affirming our guarantee to every partner: Omada works different.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Below is a summary of salary rate for this role in the following geographies:
California, New York State, Colorado, and Washington State Base Compensation Ranges: $22.70/hr
This role is also eligible for participation in annual cash bonus. The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, such as the candidate’s skills and experience, and other business considerations.
Please click here for more information on our Candidate Privacy Notice.