$2000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits, and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position is per diem. Employees are required to work any shift between the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM including the flexibility to work occasional overtime and weekends based on business need. Our office is located at 250 BON AIR RD, KENTFIELD, CA, 94904.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in working with healthcare insurance / payers
- 1+ years of experience in Customer Service OR related call center environment
- Ability to perform basic mathematics related to payment calculation
- Ability to successfully complete the Patient Access training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material
- Ability to work any shift between the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM including the flexibility to work occasional overtime and weekends based on business need
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, OR a related field
- 2+ years of experience in a hospital patient registration department, physician office setting, healthcare insurance company, revenue cycle vendor, and / OR other revenue cycle – related role
- Understanding of insurance benefits
- Basic knowledge of ICD – 9 (10) and CPT terminology
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Understanding of insurance policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience in requesting and processing financial payments
- Knowledge of charity care programs as well as the various government and non – government programs
- Ability to think and act; decisiveness, assertiveness, with ability to achieve results quickly
- Ability to learn, understands, and applies new technologies, methods, and processes
- Ability to be a self – starter and work independently and as a team to achieve a common goal
- High sense of responsibility and accountability; Takes ownership and initiative
- Results – oriented with an eye toward the end – goal and business results as the objective
- Adaptable and flexible, with the ability to handle ambiguity and sometimes changing priorities
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values of Optum360 and our client organization(s)
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude; customer service orientation
- Proficient computer skills
- Proficient data entry and typing skills
- Basic verbal skills required to take direction from leadership and collaborate with co – workers to perform job function
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies required all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
California Residents Only: The salary range for California residents is $16.00 – $31.44. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
- PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.