UCSF Benioff Children’s Physicians (UBCP) is a multispecialty physician foundation, and an associated clinically integrated network. Our primary goal is to foster physician collaboration to deliver the most advanced maternal and pediatric care throughout Northern California and beyond. We are committed to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment. We have Pediatric and Adolescent Care, After Hours Care, Ophthalmology, OB-GYN and Maternal-Fetal Medicine clinics located throughout the San Francisco Bay area.
Immediate per diem openings available for experienced After-Hours Pediatric Telephone Triage Registered Nurses interested in telecommuting from home.
– Possession of a Valid License as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
– Minimum of the equivalent of eighteen (18) months full-time experience as either:
a) A telephone triage Registered Nurse
b) A Registered Nurse in one of the following areas of an acute care hospital: labor and delivery unit, postpartum unit, pediatric unit, or emergency department
c) a Registered Nurse in a pediatric urgent care facility, or
d) a Registered Nurse in a maternal child health or in nursing case management
– Experience using Schmidt-Thompson protocols a plus
– Must be available to work graveyard shifts
– Must be available to work at least 2 weekends/month (4 weekend shifts that fall on a Saturday and a Sunday), and 5 major holidays
– Proficient computer skills are essential; must have access to high-speed internet
– Excellent verbal and written skills
– Ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative relationship with patients, customers and co-workers
– Ability and willingness to work with patients of various ages and needs
– Ability to type at a minimum speed of 45 words per minute
We are hiring for the following opening:
1) RN to work 1-2 graveyard shifts/week (Graveyard shifts are: 11:15pm-7:15am or 11:15pm-3:15am or 3:15am-7:15am)
2) RN to work 4 weekends shifts/month
3) RN to work at least 5 major holidays/year
Please note: Applicants must submit with their application, an approved typing certificate obtained in the past 6 months proving, in a five-minute timed typing test, the ability to type at least 45 net words per minute. A typing certificate may be issued by a temporary agency, Regional Occupational Program office, college, or other accredited agency. Typing certificates can be scanned and attached with your emailed application.
- Initiates and maintains communication with Manager and colleagues on critical issues.
- Initiates and maintains effective working relationships with UBCP colleagues and other people with whom the incumbent must interact to perform their responsibilities.
- Respects and is sensitive to cultural diversity, safety and security of physical environments, teamwork, and demonstrates respect for others.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by incumbents in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in Employment
It is the policy of UBCP to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics), genetic information (including family medical history), ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or service in the uniformed services.
UBCP will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and pre-employment health screen.
This is intended to be consistent with the provisions of applicable state and federal laws and UBCP policies.
$45/hour for regular shifts plus $2.00/hour differential for graveyard shifts. We offer flexible schedules and the added benefit of working from your home. If you are looking for a supportive and team-oriented work environment, then this is the job for you!