Translational Oncology Scientist 2 / Scientist 3
The Department of Translational Oncology in Genentech Research has an opportunity for a highly motivated Scientist 2/Scientist 3 to join in our mission of developing meaningful therapies for the treatment of cancer. The successful candidate should have demonstrated hands-on skills in using mouse tumor models of cancer to understand the tumorigenic process and to identify and/or assess therapeutic targets. This role is an opportunity to join cutting-edge research-based project teams doing high quality oncology drug development to advance molecules to clinical testing. The successful candidate would provide superb technical support in generating the key in vivo efficacy and pharmacodynamic data essential to drive projects into clinical development.
Who You Are:
Qualified candidates will possess the following skills and experience with the level of the position commensurate with the candidate’s experience:
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. degree in animal science, veterinary medicine, cell biology, immunology, oncology or related science
- 3 years hands-on relevant experience with murine models; at least 8 years of experience is required for the Scientist 3 level
- Demonstrated expertise in the design, execution and analysis of in vivo tumor models
- Proficiency in IP, IV, SC, and PO dosing, and blood and tissue collection
- Ability to process tumor tissue for pharmacodynamic studies, including generation of cell suspensions, RNA, DNA, and protein
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work as part of a team, and to present experimental results in a team setting
- Experience with oncology or immunology projects preferred
- Proven ability to independently design, execute, and interpret experiments
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to maintain careful study notes using an online database system and electronic notebooks
- Highly qualified candidates will have familiarity and/or experience with modern biological techniques and assays, including cell culture, western blotting, ELISA, RT-PCR, flow cytometry, and CRISPR-Cas9-based cell editing
Track record of success as evidenced by publication record and/or evidence of sustained contributions in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting
The expected salary range for this position based on the primary location of California is $78,400-145,600. Actual pay will be determined based on experience, qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors permitted by law. A discretionary annual bonus may be available based on individual and Company performance. This position also qualifies for the benefits detailed at the link provided below.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace the increasingly diverse world around us. Genentech prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.
Genentech requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Genentech, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Genentech campus or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.