We’re committed to providing positive outcomes to patients across the country, no matter their situation. We want everyone to have ‘insider access’ to great healthcare. At Included Health, the virtual PCP furthers this mission by ensuring that our patients receive outstanding care and understand the ‘what’, ‘how’, and ‘why’ of the medical recommendations that they receive.
We are looking for physicians to join our team who can provide virtual medical services and professional guidance and support to patients over video and phone. Physicians who thrive in this role enjoy practicing in a collaborative and fast-paced environment while providing holistic and comprehensive primary care. Strong candidates will be able to communicate in patient-friendly language both verbally and in writing and enjoy supporting and collaborating with a multidisciplinary team.
Most importantly, you will become part of the health care solution and embody a passion for saving lives through better health care quality and raising the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere.
- Assess patients via a video-based encounter
- Perform virtual comprehensive physical examination, compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Order and interpret laboratory tests and results
- Develop and implement patient treatment plans
- Collect, record and maintain sensitive patient information such as examination results, medical history and reports
- Explain procedures or prescribed treatments to patients
- Effectively use computers and electronic health record systems to record pertinent patient health history information
- Must maintain productivity levels within practice expectations (at minimum 2.5 to 3.5 patients/hour, this varies depending on the practice average and time of year)– to meet this requirement physicians must be able to maintain efficiency during shifts (this includes keeping missed and declined calls at or below the practice expectations)
- Ability to complete documentation within practice policy (72-hours from the time of the visit)– to meet this requirement physicians are expected to have computer literacy and be able to complete basic skills such as typing and navigating an electronic health record.
- Must maintain average patient satisfaction ratings within practice expectations– to meet this requirement physicians are expected to deliver patient care with exemplary bedside manner and a focus on high quality, evidence-based medicine.
- Ability to arrive on time to shifts, complete shifts as scheduled and maintain excellent attendance.
- Work 30 hours per week during cold and flu season (potentially through March)
- Ability to complete all requested documentation for state licensure in a timely manner– to meet this requirement clinicians must ensure responsiveness to requests from the medical licensure group and schedule fingerprinting, examinations and notary requests when received.
- This job operates in a professional, private and secure, home office.
- Must be able to use manual dexterity while using office equipment such as computers, laptops, keyboard and mouse.
- This position requires frequent communication with patients and clinicians must be able to exchange accurate information during these patient encounters.
- Specific identifying abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Adhere to legal and ethical requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work assigned shifts including evening and weekend requirements per contract.
- Ability to perform job functions independently.
- Must have excellent triage capabilities.
- Keep up-to-date with medical developments, treatments and medications.
- Completion of a 3-year residency or equivalent program
- Active ABMS or AOA Board Certification.
- Active and unrestricted state medical license in your home state, minimally.
- Not under current exclusion or sanction by any state or federal health care program, including Medicare or Medicaid, and is not identified as an “excluded person” by the Office of Inspector General of the Department of Health and Human Services or the General Service Administration (GSA), or reprimanded or sanctioned by Medicare
- Must maintain Medicare active status.
- Completion of U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
- Work a rotating schedule (see below) including 8 hour shifts Monday through Friday and two eight hour shifts Sat & Sun every other weekend.
- The shifts will vary between the hours of 11p and 7a in your time zone.
- Week 1
- Monday 11p-7a
- Tuesday 11p-7a
- Wednesday OFF
- Thursday OFF
- Friday 11p-7a
- Saturday 11p-7a
- Sunday 11p-7a
- Week 2
- Monday OFF
- Tuesday OFF
- Wednesday 11p-7a
- Thursday 11p-7a
- Friday OFF
- Saturday OFF
- Sunday OFF
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Doctor On Demand reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position, employees may be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community – no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at .
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.